About the Course
Thrive Rehab presents a two hour Zoom workshop that aims to empower educators and caregivers with the knowledge and confidence regarding to responding to sexualised behaviours.
• Importance of talking about sex and sexuality with young people
• Initiating conversations about sex with young people with communication needs
• Modelling respectful and healthy language
• Promoting protective behaviours
• Respecting body autonomy
• Responding to sexualised behaviours
• Common sex education difficulties and suggestion to enhance learning
• Providing resources and referral options
This workshop is suitable for teachers, educators, carers and caregivers of people with complex needs.
Standard: $120 (inclusive of GST) per person
Concession: $85 (inclusive of GST) per person
(Group booking rate available on request)
Lucy Macdonald (she/her) is an occupational therapist and sexologist. Lucy has spent the majority of her clinical practice working a diverse range of young people with varying diagnosis and enjoys working alongside parents, teachers and other disciplines to ensure the best outcomes for clients.
Lucy loves Incorporating her sexology training into her OT practice and is passionate about breaking down stigmas and supporting Individuals to express who they are as sexual beings.